The Friends of Ford's Pond is a
501(c)(3) nonprofit working with the City of Sutherlin, Oregon, to develop and maintain a community park on the 202-acre Ford's Pond Property.
The Sutherlin City Council unanimously approved the adoption of the Ford's Pond Community Park Master Plan on December 11, 2017. This plan was made possible through an Oregon Parks and Recreation Department grant, The Ford Family Foundation, and donations made by local businesses and individuals.
- The Friends of Ford’s Pond worked with the City of Sutherlin and its contractor, Cameron McCarthy, a Landscape Architecture and Planning firm, to develop the Ford’s Pond Community Park Master Plan.
- Mowed and maintained the 1.7-mile trail around the pond and a trail up the west hillside.
- Provided dog waste bags and emptied trash cans at all three entrances.
- Participated in outreach efforts including the Sutherlin Blackberry Festival, the Graffiti Street Fair, and the Sutherlin School District’s Summer Enrichment Program.
- In 2017, our Board and volunteers donated over 900 hours of their time.
- Work with the City of Sutherlin to apply for capital improvement grants.
- Fund raise for park improvements.
- Develop a volunteer program for maintenance and future programming.
- Grow and expand the Friends of Ford’s Pond as we transition from grassroots movement to stewards of the park.